Alumni Training Weekend
Every year we offer two free days of training for anyone who has taken a class from us. The Alumni Training Weekend serves as an opportunity to have a Tactical Response "family reunion". Our instructors teach several mini-classes on the range and give lectures on topics that usually aren't covered in depth in our other classes. Past instruction has included specialized training in shotguns, knives, sniper rifles, carbines, pistols, backup guns, combatives, low light, and many other topics. The days aren't as fast paced as our other classes to give students more time to socialize with other alumni and the instructors. We have a great time and still keep the weekend educational.
The Annual Kentucky Lake Friends of the NRA Banquet will again this year be combined with the Tactical Response Alumni Awards Ceremony. Although our Alumni Training Weekend is still absolutely FREE we are asking students who plan to attend Alumni Weekend to attend the Banquet on Saturday Night. The Banquet will include a great meal and chances to win great prizes and the money raised goes to a cause we all strongly believe in. The cost associated with registering for Alumni Weekend is the cost of the Banquet Ticket ($30) and will be your only expense for Alumni Weekend. Please e-mail if you need extra tickets for friends and family.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
- ONE (1) OPEN MIND
- Bring a lunch to the range both days
- An ammunition requirement will be e-mailed closer to the date of the class
- Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
- Sturdy gun belt
- Minimum of three (3) magazines for each weapon
- Magazine pouch for each
- Raingear (We shoot rain or shine)
- Hat and sunblock
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Drinking water (Cambelback Strongly Recommended)
- Bug Spray
- Pen and Paper