High Risk Civilian Contractor - CQB
Close Quarters Battle means fighting inside of a structure for the rescue of a client or for a raid. Topics include raid planning, route planning, recon, asset management, team movement in rural and urban settings, multiple breaches, signals, security, support, elements of an assault and casualty collection.
This is an intense fast paced course. You will be pushed in a series of square range. open terrain, wooded terrain and many CQB scenarios. This course is perfect for the High Risk Civilian Contractor, SWAT cop, or Soldier who is looking for an aggressive close combat course.
We are typically asked what type of physical condition a student should be in to attend this course. There is no easy answer. If you want to get the most out of this course you should be in moderate condition at least. Simply put, if you cannot run 100 yards with full gear (or a 25 pound backpack) you will not get your money's worth. Can you still take the course? We hope you will use this as a motivation for getting yourself "battle ready".
It is best if you arrive by 1800hrs the day before class begins for your in-brief. You are required to lodge with your team. Arrangements will be made. There will be a fee but it will be reasonable.
Our Fighting Rifle class is a pre-requisite (within one year) for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
- One (1) open mind
- An AR-15 chambered in 5.56/.223 with an attached light (rentals available). A “Force on Force”(FoF) conversion bolt will be loaned to you for the class. You will be supplied a limited amount of Force on Force rifle ammo. More will be available for purchase.
- Some team members may be issued a Glock 17T FoF gun. You will be supplied a limited amount of Force on Force pistol ammo. More will be available for purchase.
- Tactical Sling (required)
- Heavy Duty Belt
- Strongside belt holster or drop leg holster
- Paintball Mask
- All exposed skin should be covered including neck and hands. Extra groin protection is encouraged.
- Magazine pouches for pistol and rifle
- FRS Radio
- Radio Pouch
- Personal Medical Kit (VOK or similar)
- Knee and elbow pads
- Pen and paper
- Hand held Flashlight
- Duct Tape
- Shemag or other cloth to protect neck
- Weapons cleaning and lubrication equipment
- Current Tetanus shot is recommended
- 500 Rounds of Rifle Ammo
- 100 Rounds of Pistol Ammo