High Risk Civilian Contractor - Direct Action
DIRECT ACTION! Our contractor colleagues asked us to make a course that was a little more offensive and anyone who has ever trained with Tactical Response can attest; we ARE offensive! This course covers planned and unplanned raids and ambushes on fixed or moving targets. Major topics covered are planning, standard operating procedures (S.O.P.s), execution, infiltration, actions-on, intelligence gathering, exfiltration and reacting to near and far ambushes. A myriad of sub-topics are covered as well.
We are typically asked what type of physical condition a student should be in to attend this course. There is no easy answer. If you want to get the most out of this course you should be in moderate condition at least. Simply put, if you cannot run 100 yards with full gear (or a 25 pound backpack) you will not get your money's worth. Can you still take the course? We hope you will use this as a motivation for getting yourself "battle ready".
It is best if you arrive by 1800hrs the day before class begins for your in-brief. You are required to lodge with your team and not at a hotel.
Our Fighting Rifle class is a pre-requisite (within one year) for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
- Class locations: http://tacticalresponse.com/blogs/library/18975331-training-locations
- One (1) open mind
- A Fighting Rifle and a Fighting Pistol
- Weapon light for rifle (optional but strongly recommended)
- 2,000 rounds of quality rifle ammo
- 100 rounds of quality pistol ammo
- Tactical sling (required)
- Heavy Duty Belt
- Strongside belt holster or drop leg holster
- Clear and Tinted Eye Protection
- Ear Protection (muffs and plugs recommended)
- Minimum of three magazines for pistol
- Minimum of 10 magazines for rifle
- Magazine pouches for pistol and rifle
- Quality FRS Radio
- Radio Pouch
- 50' of 550 cord
- 1 VS-17 Signal panel
- Smoke Grenade Pouch
- Personal Medical Kit (VOK or similar)
- Hat and sun block
- Knee and elbow pads
- Camelback strongly recommended
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen (as needed)
- Pen and paper (Rite in rain preferred)
- $10 cash
- Duct Tape
- Current Tetanus shot is recommended
- Shemag or other cloth to protect neck from brass burns
- Weapons cleaning and lubrication equipment
- Digital Camera
- Map Case
- Map Markers
- External hard drive with 30-40 gigs available for class photos and videos
There will be an opportunity some long range shooting for 1-2 team members. Bring any guns and gear you may already own if you are interested in this position. Notify your team leaders upon arrival.