High Risk Civilian Contractor - Small Unit Tactics
Formerly called the "Shooting Package" this class has evolved into much more since its inception. This is the CORE HRCC class and the one we recommend all students take first in the HRCC series.
Whether it is your first trip to the desert, or you are returning to the jungle, the Tactical Response 5-Day High Risk Civilian Contractor course can get you back up to speed with your firearms and tactical training.
What makes our course different? We use seasoned operators fresh out of third world countries to teach the courses. You get recent, relevant, and realistic information and training from men who have been there. Candidates for this course should already have a basic shooting skill set. Individuals may attend open classes and teams of 8 or more may arrange a tailor made class that suits their operational requirements. Five intense 12-14 hour days of pistol and carbine training that encompass individual as well as team skills. While we would all love 70 hours on the range this course is balanced with an appropriate level of classroom lecture on in-country tactics and other vital information. We hit the ground running (literally) and quickly accelerate through advanced techniques. This course assures the operator his time and money will be well spent. Our cutting edge team tactics, Mindset, vehicle tactics, hands on gunshot care, bounding exercises, and Instructors fresh from military and security deployments combine to make this course the best training package available for Military or Security operators.
We are typically asked what type of physical condition a student should be in to attend this course. There is no easy answer. If you want to get the most out of this course you should be in moderate condition at least. Simply put, if you cannot run 100 yards with full gear (or a 25 pound backpack) you will not get your money's worth. Can you still take the course? We hope you will use this as a motivation for getting yourself "battle ready".
It is best if you arrive by 1800hrs the day before class begins for your in-brief. You are required to lodge with your team and not at a hotel.
Our Fighting Rifle class is a pre-requisite (within one year) for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
- Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/blogs/library/18975331-training-locations
- One (1) open mind
- A Fighting Rifle (w/light preferred)
- A Fighting Pistol
- 2,000 rounds of quality rifle ammo (NOTE: We have lowered this one thousand rounds and some students may need more ammunition)
- 250 rounds of quality pistol ammo
- Tactical sling (required)
- Heavy Duty Belt (double thickness)
- Strongside belt holster or drop leg holster
- Clear and Tinted Eye Protection
- Ear Protection (muffs recommended)
- Minimum of three magazines for pistol
- Minimum of 10 magazines for rifle
- Magazine pouches for pistol and rifle
- Quality FRS Radio
- Radio Pouch
- Smoke Grenade Pouch
- Personal Medical Kit (VOK or similar)
- Hat and sun block
- Knee and elbow pads
- Camelback strongly recommended
- $10 Cash
- Duct Tape
- 50' of 550 cord
- Bug Spray
- Pen and paper
- Shemag or other cloth to protect neck from brass burns
- Weapons cleaning and lubrication equipment
- Current Tetanus shot is recommended