Immediate Action Medical
This course was designed from the ground up to train a person with no prior medical experience on how to keep a victim of a violent crime or terrorist act, like a stabbing, shooting or bombing, alive until an ambulance arrives. This course is narrow in scope and will center on assisting victims of violence.
This class includes training on tactical safety and how to prevent injuries, moral obligations to render aide, legal issues like the Good Samaritan laws, biohazard precautions, the physical and mental effects of adrenaline, the survival principles, communication, trauma kits vs. first aid kits, scene safety, anatomical stopping power, patient movement, assessments, proper ways to stop the top 3 gunfighting injuries (blocked airway, critical blood loss and Tension Pneumothorax) as well as the Mindset, Tactics, Skill and Gear you need to keep someone alive until medical assistance arrives.
Students will participate in and watch other students in multiple practical scenarios where they will be guided and tested on how to provide care under stress.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- You WILL be sent a confirmation e-mail when you enroll. If you do not it is typically caused by your spam filter. Notify us if you do not get e-mails weeks prior to class. You will also receive other e-mail prior to class with additional useful information.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
- Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/blogs/library/18975331-training-locations
- One (1) open mind
- Your current blow out kit or medic bag if you have one
- Pen and paper
- A non-functional training gun (if you have one)
- A pair of pants and a T Shirt to cut up or otherwise destroy