A “Battle Rifle” is one that fires a full powered cartridge like .308, 30.06 and 7.62X54R. This class is for magazine fed semi-auto rifles like the AR-10 family, FAL, HK G3 (and it's clones), etc. This class is about OWNING zero to three hundred yards even if the badguy is using cover!
We will discuss trajectory, battlesight zero, gear set-up, sling configurations, use of cover and concealment, practical ready and firing positions, close- and medium-range snap shooting, longer distance precision, barrier penetration, hasty shooting methods, urban and rural applications, team coordination, multiple targets at multiple distances as well as other tactics required to employ this potent tool in combat.
While iron sights will certainly do the job having a magnified optic (i.e. a fixed low power or variable 1-4, 1-6 or 1-8 power) would be more suitable.
Are you ready for the class that finally will challenge you and your rifle? BATTLE RIFLE at Tactical Response will do just that!
Class size is limited.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/
blogs/library/18975331- training-locations Classes begin at 0800hrs at Tactical Response located at 116 Wood Ave Street Camden, TN 38320 (Phone:877-7LETHAL ). The Team Room is located at 151 McRae in Camden TN. Please email [email protected] CONFIRM your spot in the Team Room (No confirmation equals no bed).
BUYING MULTIPLE SPOTS IN THE CLASS - If you're buying a spot in the class for more than one person please email [email protected] or call 877-7LETHAL with the names of all students attending.
*You will only receive a certificate of successful completion by participating 100% in class. Being late, leaving early voluntary refusal to complete drills and other issues involving closed mindedness will result in your not receiving a certificate for this course. A modified certificate will be mailed at a later date at your request.
DID YOU KNOW? We have a Lay-A-Way option for training HERE!
- One (1) open mind
- A Battle Rifle
- A Battle Rifle Optic that is Properly Installed.
- Tool or Tools to remove the scope base from your rifle and other scope tools.
- Ideally your rifle pre-zeroed at 100 yards. We will confirm in class.
- KNOW THE SCOPE ADJUSTMENT VALUE (i.e. 1 Click=1" at 100yds)
- Bring the Optic Owners manual.
- 1000 Rounds of High Quality Brass Cased Ball Ammo with a Copper Jacket is recommended (Match Grade Ammo is not required although you are welcome to bring it.)
- Tactical Sling Required (Two-Point Recommended)
- Small/Pocket Notebook - Rite in the Rain brand recommended
- Pen or Pencil for Notebook.
- Eye and ear protection (muffs recommended)
- Minimum of 5 magazines for your rifle and a way to carry them (pockets OK).
- Rain Gear (We shoot rain or shine)
- Hat and sunblock.
- Knee Pad and Elbow Pads (Optional but strongly recommended)
- Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)
- Bring a lunch to the range both days
- Bug Spray
- You are encouraged to wear a loaded handgun during class although it will not be used...hopefully.
Photos shown are from the Thunder Ranch "Counter Sniper" class. You should take it!