High Risk Civilian Contractor - Driving Package
This vehicle operations training is specifically designed for those working in the high risk areas of the world. There are no orange cones or stop watches in this class. It is about driving a vehicle out of an ambush with the hot brass from a team mate's machine gun streaming down your neck. Painful? Yes; but chicks dig scars.
We take a systematic approach to the problem of using weapons in or while deploying from the confines of an automobile. Through a carefully designed reality based curriculum students will learn to use the maximum capability of their vehicle and the full potential of their weapons to remove themselves and/or the principal from the kill zone. This class isn't just about driving though; it is about the entire spectrum of information about vehicle operations.
The program includes ramming, P.I.T.s, and deploying from a vehicle while engaging multiple targets, team tactics, improvised explosive device avoidance, rolling and static ambushes – discussion and practice attacks on armored and non armored vehicles. You will learn when –where and how to fire from moving and stationery vehicles and much more.
We are typically asked what type of physical condition a student should be in to attend this course. There is no easy answer. If you want to get the most out of this course you should be in moderate condition at least. Simply put, if you cannot run 100 yards with full gear (or a 25 pound backpack) you will not get your money's worth. Can you still take the course? We hope you will use this as a motivation for getting yourself "battle ready".
It is best if you arrive by 1800hrs the day before class begins for your in-brief. You are required to lodge with your team and not at a hotel.
Our Fighting Rifle class is a pre-requisite (within one year) for anyone who has not been in a deployable status on a Tier One SOCCOM unit within the last calendar year. This is non-negotiable.
Here are four things you can do to ensure you have a great class:
- Watch these free videos. This will make your experience MUCH better and will answer many questions. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC6EFC9BB68FC497C
- We respectfully request that students have read "The Principles of Personal Defense" by Jeff Cooper before attending class.
- For more information about our classes and to read hundreds of student reviews loaded with pictures and video clips join our web forum http://www.GetOffTheX.com
Class location: http://tacticalresponse.com/
blogs/library/18975331- training-locations Classes begin at 0800hrs at Tactical Response located at 116 Wood Ave Street Camden, TN 38320 (Phone:877-7LETHAL ). The Team Room is located at 151 McRae in Camden TN. Please email [email protected] CONFIRM your spot in the Team Room (No confirmation equals no bed).
- One (1) open mind
- A Fighting Rifle (w/light preferred)
- A Fighting Pistol
- 2,000 rounds of quality rifle ammo (NOTE: We have lowered this one thousand rounds and some students may need more ammunition)
- 250 rounds of quality pistol ammo
- Tactical sling (required)
- Heavy Duty Belt (double thickness)
- Strongside belt holster or drop leg holster
- Clear and Tinted Eye Protection
- Ear Protection (muffs recommended)
- Minimum of three magazines for pistol
- Minimum of 10 magazines for rifle
- Magazine pouches for pistol and rifle
- Quality FRS Radio
- Radio Pouch
- Smoke Grenade Pouch
- Personal Medical Kit (VOK or similar)
- $10 Cash
- Duct Tape
- 50' of 550 cord
- Duct Tape
- Hat and sun block
- Knee and elbow pads
- Drinking water (Camelback strongly recommended)
- Bug Spray
- Pen and paper
- Shemag or other cloth to protect neck from brass burns
- Weapons cleaning and lubrication equipment
- External hard drive with 30-40 gigs available for class photos and videos (optional)
- Current Tetanus shot is recommended