If you are one of the last people to get to the internet you may not know about James Yeager's awesome YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/JamesYeager
I am currently the MFCEO of Tactical Response which is our TN based training company.
From July 2004 until May 2005 I was on two Protective Security Details in Baghdad Iraq. Our Team was a Tier Two (Alpha) entity that was responsible for the protection of the 8 Iraqi Election Commissioners during the violent pre-election, election, and post election.
My Team was also in charge of the physical security of their offices at the Interim Iraqi Government Building and we worked closely with the Gurkhan guard force there. My duties included acting as a media liaison, coordinating the security force for the building, coordinating with the security force for the compound (Global Risk and US Army), and coordinating with the two U.S. Army Force Protection groups for the area (82nd ABN). I also assisted with the planning, advances, coordination, and execution of the many meetings, plane rides, helicopter shuttles, conferences, and trips that the 8 commissions took to set up and complete the electoral process.
May 1996 through September 1998 I worked as a Patrolman and K-9 handler for the Big Sandy Police Department. In the fall of 1998 my Chief was elected Sheriff of Benton County. October of 1998 I was asked by Big Sandy Mayor to be the Chief of Police. I held that position until May of 2000 when I was hired as a Deputy at the Benton County Sheriff’s Office. My duties at BCSO included patrol, Tactical Team (SWAT) leader, and trainer for our Multi-Agency Crisis Response Team. September of 2002 I went into private training full-time and was also Vice President of a multi-million dollar tactical gear company until July of 2004. I was the Firearms and Tactics Instructor with the Camden Police Department as well as the Sergeant over the Reserve Unit from 2002 until 2009 when the program ended.
January 1992 through May 1996 I worked with various Drug Task Force units as well as many local Departments’ Narcotics squads buying and selling illegal narcotics in an undercover capacity. My title was “Agent”. These agencies included but were not limited to the 24th Drug Task Force, 23rd D.T.F., 27th D.T.F., Paris Police Department, and Henry County Sheriff’s Department. I was a Henry County Reserve Deputy for some of this time. I made over 300 Narcotics buys and sales during this period.
I have been a firearms trainer since 1994 and have taught literally thousands of students with several individuals, tactical teams, and Special Forces teams being successful in lethal force confrontations both domestically and abroad. I have taught multiple classes all over the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Central America and South America. I have extensive experience teaching in austere environments and I am a certified expert witness for firearms, tactical training and use of force.
I am also a professional writer and have been published in magazines such as S.W.A.T. (Staff Writer), Southern Lawman, Concealed Carry Magazine, FMG American Handgunner Special Editions and STUFF. I wrote the foreword for the book “Surgical Speed Shooting” as well as being on the cover of that book. I have written a book on High Risk Civilian Contracting. I have also produced a series of instructional DVDs.
I was featured on the cover of the September 2005 SWAT magazine and the December 2005 and June 2009 issues of SWAT had a full length review of my training. My companies have also been featured in the “Barrett Annual”, “Shotgun News”, “The book of the AR-15”, and several other periodicals. Kiplinger’s financial magazine also did an article on me in the June 2007 issue. I was featured on season one of “SWAT Magazine TV” in January 2010. In 2011 I was on the Discovery Channel show “One Man Army”, was featured on the National Geographic documentary “Snipers Inc”, Student of the Gun”, and I have appeared on “Friends of the NRA TV”. I was on the cover of the 2012 “Combat” magazine by American Handgunner.
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Less Lethal Munitions #00040S - inactive
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Firearms #00041S - inactive
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Chemical Weapons #00042S - inactive
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Expandable Baton #00043S - inactive
- TN P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officer and K-9 handler #97276 - inactive
- Louisiana State Police Firearms Instructor Number #0259
- F.B.I. Certified Firearms Instructor
- TN Department of Safety Certified Firearms Instructor (formerly)
- FAA Certified to instruct Law Enforcement “Flying Armed” courses
- A.L.S. Master Instructor (Less Lethal, Flashbangs, Chemical Weapons)
- Expandable Baton Instructor – Monadanock
- Bushmaster Certified Patrol Rifle/Carbine Instructor
- Aerosol O.C. Instructor – Fox Labs International
- Armor Holding - Gas Mask Instructor
- Armor Holdings - Pyrotechnic Munitions Instructor
- Armor Holdings - Distraction Device Instructor
- Armor Holdings – Chemical Weapons Instructor
- Armor Holdings- Less Lethal Munitions Instructor
- NRA Certified Handgun Instructor #11973397
- NRA Personal Protection Instructor #11973397
- Glock Certified Armorer (two times)
- Rangemaster Handgun Instructor Development
- Knife Defense Instructor
- OPS-Advanced Low Light Shooting Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS-Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS-Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS- Patrol Rifle Instructor Course 40 hour
- OPS-Shotgun Instructor Course 40 hour
- John Farnam Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 20 hour
- John Farnam Advanced Rifle and Shotgun Instructor Course 24 hour
- Active Shooter Instructor Course / TTPPA 24 hrs
- 28 Hour Carbine Instructor / Jim Crews
- NRA Patrol Rifle Instructor 44hrs
- Over 200 hours of Diplomatic Security Service training for Executive Protection
- Scientific Combat Method American Combat Masters 20 hour
- S.D.S.I. Tactical Rifle Course 16 hours
- Tactical Knife Instruction- American Combat Masters 20 hour
- Black Water Lodge 32 hour Tactical Police and Military Shotgun Course
- Completed various 40 hour Officer Survival schools
- Attended Snipercraft 40 hour
- Jim Crews-Tactical Handgun 20 hour
- Halo Group-Advanced Tactical Handgun 18 hour
- Rangemaster-High Risk Personnel 16 hour
- Rangemaster-Crisis Response Team Training 80 hour
- S.W.A.T. UTM / Chief Tom Long 40 hour
- D.E.A.- Clandestine Lab Investigations 40 hour
- Criminal Investigation School UTM 40 hour
- Patrol Interdiction 40 hour
- Basic SWAT-Jackson SWAT Team 40 hour
- Military Counter Drug SRT course 48 Hour
- SWAT by Smyrna S.T.O.R.M. Team 40 hour
- 40 Hr Police Sniper School by Smyrna S.T.O.R.M.
- 40 Hour F.B.I. SWAT course
- TASER User Certification Course
- 5 day Strategos Spec-Ops Low-Light Team Tactics 50+ Hours
- Personal Security Driving Course from Armor Group (I.T.I. in VA)
- Pat Rogers / E.A.G. Tactical 3-Day Carbine Operators Course
- Calibre Press Street Survival Seminar 16 hours
- Attended the National Tactical Invitational 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010
- Glock Professional 2.5 day Instructor Workshop
- Rogers Shooting School 44 hours - Pistol (Intermediate) Carbine (Advanced)
- Surefire Tactical Technology Specialist Course
- Larry Vickers’ AK Operator Course 16 hours
- Massad Ayoob 20 hour Legal Use of Force “Rules of Engagement”
- “Super Dave” Harrington 24-Hour “Combat Speed” course
- Ken Hackathorn’s “Advanced Pistol” 18 hours
- Thunder Ranch H.A.R.T. (High Angle Rifle Training) 32hrs
- “Adaptive Kalash” - Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- “Adaptive Handgun” - Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- “Adaptive Carbine” Haley Strategic with Travis Haley
- Combat Focus Pistol - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- Advanced Pistol Handling - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- Combat Focus Carbine - I.C.E Training with Rob Pincus
- ATK/Federal Ammunition – Force on Force Instructor
- Combative Pistol – Tom Givens of Rangemaster
- Armorer - Remington 870
- Armorer - Remington 700
- Armorer - Bushmaster AR-15
- Glock Basic and Advanced Armorer
- "Super Dave" Harrington "Integrated Weapons"
- Gunsite Scout Rifle Class
- HRCC "Direct Action"
WHAT SUPPER DAVE HARRINGTON SAYS ABOUT YEAGER: "Don't get caught up in the negative hype that has been generated in the past about James Yeager. If you have not spent time with him and know the man.............keep your mouth shut.
He proved himself without question on all levels. I am very impressed with his passion for the mission, and his entire operation. I would not hesitate to operate with James in any capacity and will continue to support our professional association...................."S"Dave Out"